Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Roy Takes His Medicine

Roy Takes His Medicine

by Annwyd 3 reviews

Lighthearted postseries ficlet. About the closest I'll ever get to RoyxRiza fluff. Implied spoilers for the end of the anime.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-07-07 - Updated: 2005-07-07 - 394 words - Complete

1Funny
"Lieutenant," Mustang said, "bring me that file." He could have gotten it himself, but he'd already settled down for the night, and getting up again would have involved too much fumbling about with crutches.

Hawkeye looked at him. She looked at the file. Then she said, "Sir. I told you that I would deal with those papers. You should be getting some sleep."

"Don't be silly," he started to say, making a dismissive gesture with one hand, but he was a little clumsy and uncertain of his lack of depth perception yet. Instead of elegantly emphasizing his point, the gesture knocked over a pill bottle on the table next to him. It toppled onto its side, the lid came off, and a small mountain of tablets spilled out of it.

Hawkeye looked at the pills. She looked at Mustang. Then she said, "Brigadier General Mustang." Her voice had gone very hard. "You haven't been taking your medicine."

He glanced at the untouched tablets, then back at her. "Ahh..." She started striding toward him. "Lieutenant, I've been feeling much better lately. I--"

It was too late. Riza grabbed two of the tablets from their pile (she had, of course, memorized the dosage when the medicine was first prescribed). Then she grabbed the velvet-cushioned armchair Roy had all but buried himself in and swung herself up so that she was straddling its arms, effectively pinning Roy in place. "Open up," she commanded grimly.

For a moment, he looked perilously close to sulking. She narrowed her eyes. He paused, then obediently opened his mouth. She reached out to place the tablets on his tongue. He swallowed, suddenly rendered quite docile. She started to pull her hand away from his mouth--

--and for a moment, she felt warmth on her fingers. A sudden flicker of his tongue against her skin, and then a brush of his lips against her knuckles. She stared at Roy.

For an instant, he looked back at her, innocently expressionless. Her world teetered. How was she supposed to react to that? What did she do now?

Then his expression melted easily into his familiar knowing smirk. The rules of their world reasserted themselves. She responded in turn with a sternly neutral glare as she straightened and stood once more, and somewhere at the back of their minds, they both knew what it really meant.
Sign up to rate and review this story