Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 49: Attack of the Wolf

by selenepotter

Attack of the Wolf

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Erotica - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2008-09-15 - Updated: 2008-09-15 - 3529 words - Complete

?Blocked
Clanluna

Chapter 49: Attack of the Wolf

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling
Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel


Flamel Clan of the Clanluna list

Durc (12) – ½ Clan, Leader, Ayla’s son, (Gray Wolf totem)
---Ura (12) – ½ Clan, daughter of Oda, clanluna, 8th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Durc’s mate,
------Urc (1) –½ Clan, Ura’s son

Goov (29) – Clan, Mog-Ur, 14th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (28) – Clan, Goov’s mate, (Beaver totem)

Broov (13) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan) 2nd Ranked Male Hunter
---Ruža (19) – Other, (formerly of the Harvatišarana), Thonlan’s ex-Mate, 6th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Broov’s Mate
------Bruž (1) – ¼ Clan, son of Ruža

Vorn (23) – Clan, Uka’s son, 3rd Ranked male hunter (Smilodon)
---Uba (17) – Clan, Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate, Iza’s daughter
------Vuba (6) – ½ Clan, Uba’s daughter
------Eba (1) – Clan, Uba’s daughter
---Brač (17) – Clan, Oga’s 1st ex-son, woman, Vorn’s 2nd mate (Bison totem)

Grev (14) – Clan, Oga’s 2nd son, 4th Ranked male Hunter
---Aga (33) – Clan, Droog’s widow, Groob’s mother, Grev’s mate
---Oogra (9) – Clan, Ovra’s daughter, Grev’s 2nd Mate.

Crug (31) – Clan, 5th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (29) – Clan, Crug’s mate
------Corg (6) ½ Clan, Oga’s 4th Son

Crik (8) – Clan, Ika’s son, 6th Ranked Male Hunter,
---Uma (8) – Clan, Uba’s daughter, Medicine Woman, Crik’s Mate
------Boom (0) - Clan, Uma’s son

Dorv (8) Clan, Oga’s 3rd son, 7th Ranked Male Hunter
---Đukić (15) – Other, Jukić of Đumbleđore Clan’s daughter, Dorv’s Mate
------Đorča (0) – ½ Clan, Đikić’s daughter
---Bona (8) Clan, Ona’s daughter, Dorv’s 2nd Mate
------Borv (0) – Clan, Bona’s Son



After that first time, Zeen went on many ‘hunting’ trips with Jukičva and Dišič. Luna had observed her son was kept quite busy! It seems word of his prowess in the furs had gotten out, and nearly all the young women wanted to go ‘hunting’ with him. Even Ura, wanted to take a break from her red-foot duties, to give him a try. When she considered it, Luna wasn’t too surprised. After all, the young women in question, saw him as the mog-ur, Weez-Ur, son of the Goddess. He’d given cave bear rides to many of the young women in their own Clan for years.

The subject of the missing members of the Everarđ Clan was endlessly debated in the Leadership council, but both the Đumbleđore and Everarđ Clans steadfastly refused her offers of taking them in. The land by the Southwestern Sea was their home!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ayla and Luna were nursing their babies, Thonda and Zara. Dyondara and Zuna were toddling around, nearby, Mara and Mariza were in the distance riding unicorns with their sisters, Lena and Creba riding double with them. Iza had gone off to gather medicinal herbs with Uma. Zeen had tried to get some work done around camp, but an endless line of young women kept interrupting to invite him hunting. When Jukičva and Dišič came by, he gave up trying to get anything accomplished that morning and accepted their invitation.

“Do you think we have too many children, Luna,” asked Ayla. “If you do, this Medicine Woman could make us a special morning tea, like she does, Brač to keep our totems defeated.”

“Are you kidding?” asked Luna. “I wouldn’t trade any of my girls or Zeen for anything! Besides, it was necessary. Now, that Zeen’s come of age, it’s less urgent for us to make to babies. Still, this woman likes having babies! This Weech wants to have more kids than a Weasley!”

“What’s a Weasley?” asked Ayla. “You must have forgotten to teach this Weech about them in Care of Magical Creatures.”

Luna giggled at that.

“Remember my friend, this woman told you about, Ginny?” reminded Luna. “She had six brothers.”

“Oh yes!” replied Ayla.

“Of course, this woman wouldn’t dream of having this many children if she didn’t have a Clan full of women living with her who were ready and willing to help her take care of them. This woman can’t imagine how mothers managed in her own time, living separately, like we did!”

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

This year, for the first time, Zeen would be leading the Cave Bear Ceremony. Everyone had great expectations for the son of the Goddess. They were not to be disappointed. After a summer of hunting, gathering and competitions, champions of three of the Clans were chosen: Thonlan from Abraxas Clan, Brackus from Bellapheron Clan, and Rađić from Đumbleđore Član. After a mock fight with Hug Giver, she rolled over on her back and pretended to be dead.

This was the signal to begin the feast, as usual, the bears had already started.

After the Feast, a whirlwind briefly appeared near the bonfire. When it passed, a new group of people had appeared. Zeen, was wearing a wrap and a Cave Bear skin cloak. The head of the beast was still attached and had been cared so that it looked like the head of a still living Cave Bear. Its’ eyes moved to look at the crowd. When it opened its’ mouth to give a loud growl, people took a step back and children screamed. Hug Giver lifted her head from where she lay and growled an answer to the cloak.

With Zeen, was Luna, in a purple dress robe and wearing her Eagle Hat.

Ayla was in the crowd wearing a new dress and her Lion hat.

Also accompanying Zeen were all of the Clanlunae, Goov and Ura in her red-foot costume.

Uba came forward from the crowd, naked with the sacred designs painted on her body. She began crewing the root for the mog-ur’s ceremony and made the special tea, which she traded for a bowl of datura tea that Zeen had made. (Iga had helped him add some of her special Mother Festival Mushrooms to the tea) This year, Zar would lead the men in the Men’s Ceremony, while Zeen and Goov went off the have the mo-ur’s Ceremony.

After the men had left Uba began passing around the bowl of tea so that they could begin the Women’s Ceremony.

The mog-ur ceremony, led by Zeen was better than anything Creb had ever led Goov in. The clan man was amazed at the clarity of the memories Zeen was able to show him! In the morning, when Zeen finally brought them back to the present, Goov opened his eyes and turned to Zeen.

“You absolutely MUST go to the next Clan Gathering!” admonished Goov. “You cannot deprive the other mog-urs of this experience! You should be The Mog-Ur of all Clans, everywhere!”

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The Đumbleđore and Everarđ Clans had insisted on returning to their homelands. So in addition to giving each Clan a mated pair of snorkacks to start their own herds, Hug Giver and Ichieback. were given to protect the two Clan’s caves. Although no one but Zeen could ride them, the two Cave Bears would allow people to touch them and were protective of people, especially children.

Đučaviča was also returned to her mother, although she had not completed her study of the three ‘R’s (Reading, ‘Riting, and ‘Rithmatic) with a 3rd grade education, she would be able to write well enough that Luna could send messages back and forth via Ansalong about how the distant Clans were doing.

And of course, no one was surprised that Jukičva and Dišič chose to stay with Zeen after they were released from their punishment. Both of them had been Blessed and planned to Mate Zeen once Winter came.

Since Durc had announced that he was forming a new Clan, after the other Clans had returned to their homes, They stayed for one more night so Ura could take her finally vows as a Clanluna and Zar could perform her initiation.

The next morning, a glowing Ura emerged from the teepee where she’d spent the night with Zar and pounced on Durc for more Pleasures. It was noon before Durc had gotten his new Clan packed up and moving.

“Fairwell, mama,” said Durc. “This Leader will see you at next year’s Summer Gathering.”

Tears running down her cheeks, Ayla pulled her son into a hug.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with us, Groob?” asked Durc.

Glancing at his mate, the Clan man shook his head. “This man likes being Master Toolmaker of the 1st Clan of the Clanluna.”

“Suit yourself, then,” signed Durc. “Walk with Ursus.”

“May Luna watch over you,” replied Groob.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hosting the Summer Gathering had allowed, Luna, Ayla, Iza and Zeen to grow the best magical garden ever. And as summer turned into fall, it came time to harvest. Now that they weren’t dosed with mushroom-laced popsicles every day, the Women-Who-Hunt were going ‘hunting’ with their own mates exclusively. And after the men had ‘caught their prey’ the couple in question would actually go hunting. But, as most of their winter stores of meat were brought back by the men’s and Women’s group hunts. The women were also gathering quite a bit of autumn plants for the winter.

Luna kept in constant contact with Đučaviča of the Đumbleđore Član, as Ansalong, would carry a letter one way, rest a day and carry another back.

Winter brought with it the classes on literacy for the children and magic for Zeen and Iza. They were now studying the 5th year Hogwarts material. At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, all students were required to take 5 years of Astronomy, History of Magic, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions and Transfiguration. As well as a one year class on broom Flying. In their 3rd year, students were allowed to choose O.W.L. options (electives) from: Ancient Runes, Artithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, and Muggle Studies. After 5 years of school, Hogwarts student wound take their Ordinary Wizarding Levels or O.W.L.s test on the subjects they had taken. A passing grade on the O.W.L.s was required to get into the advanced classes in a Wizard’s final two years. At the end of their schooling, Hogwarts Students would take the Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests or N.E.W.T.s on the subjects they had studied their last two years. A good score on the N.E.W.T:s was necessary to get into certain careers.

But Zeen’s and Iza’s magical education was limited by what Luna had taken and the books she had with her when she traveled back in time. She’d brought her History of Magic books but didn’t see the point of teaching about events that may never happen. She hadn’t taken Astronomy or Potions at the N.E.W.T. level and so, didn’t have the advanced books. She hadn’t brought any of her Astronomy books or her telescope with her. (much to the centaur’s sorrow) As her O.W.L options, Luna had taken Care, Runes and Divination which she had pursued all the way up to the N.E.W.T. level. So she could teach those subjects.

Ayla had, by now, totally taken over the teaching of potions and was even conducting experiments this winter.

By the end of winter, Luna and Ayla had evaluated their students.

Zeen was deemed passing in Charms, Transfiguration, Defense, Care, and Divination. Luna though he was extremely gifted in Charms, more so than her, even. But Luna was unsure as to whether or not he would be able to handle the N.E.W.T. level Divination material.

Iza was competent in Herbalogy, Care, Potions and Runes. Herbology was her best subject and she was more gifted than Ayla, in that.

Before they held another Mother Festival, Iga went from hearth to hearth and gave each of the women a ‘talking to’ about Zeen. Luna was pleased to see that her son wasn’t being ‘pounced on’ by the young women of the Clan. They were taking turns dancing with him and treating him and the ceremony with respect. So Luna was the first to leave the dance. As Usual, she drug her ‘friends-with-benefits’, Zar, to his hearth. Ayla picked Groob, this time. Eva was very polite in her courtship of Zeen, even if the other women groaned with disappointment when she led Zeen to his hearth.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

A few days, after the Mother Festival, Ansalong returned with yet another letter.

“What’s wrong?” asked Thonlan, seeing the look of concern on his Mate’s face.

“Đučaviča says that a member of their Clan, Marović, had gone missing!” exclaimed Luna. “She does mention that he was very old and could have gotten lost in the snowstorm.”

“Do you need to go look for him?” asked Thonlan.

“Not yet, we’ll do some Divination first,” replied Luna. “This would be a good opportunity to teach Zeen how to do a séance.”

Pulling her tarot deck from her trunk, Luna laid out a spread. She quickly determined that the man from the Đumbleđore Član was dead. Once she’d done so, she gathered up Ayla and Zeen and took them back to the burial chamber of the cave. The proximity of the dead would make a séance easier to perform, as would the privacy. This was N.E.W.T. level divination. Although Ayla was skilled enough in Divination to take it at a N.E.W:T. level, she was nowhere near as gifted in it as Luna and would not have been able to pass her Divination N.E.W.T. Still, she knew enough to help teach this to Zeen, (It was already clear that Iza would not be able to handle this)

Contacting the spirit of a dead person was different from using the Deathy Hallow to restore them to life, as Luna had with her Mates and Ayla’s foster mother, the original Iza. The three of them sat in a circle holding hand in the dark, having extinguished the light from their wands that had guided them here. Each of them shifted their consciousness as much as they could to the right side of their brains.

“Spirit of Marović, we ask you to join us,” began Luna, in the Đanađananđa language. (It helped to speak to the dead in their native tongue) “Spirit of Marovć, come to us! Spirit of Marović, are you there?”

A faint light appeared in the center of their circle. It appeared to be made of solidified moonlight, but it had no distinct shape. It drew closer to first, Luna, then Zeen, and finally it entered Ayla and they were returned to the darkness!

“Who calls me from beyond?” asked Ayla.

“I, Luna, Weech and Leader of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna do!” proclaimed Luna. “Can you tell us how you died?”

“They came upon me in the snowstorm! Tore me apart! Eaten! EATEN! EATEN! EEEEATEEENNN!!!!” screamed Ayla, before she collapsed, as the light shot out of her and vanished!

Luna pulled her wand from behind her ear and lit it, as Zeen did the same.

“Are you alright?” asked Zeen.

“Yes, this Weech is fine,” replied Ayla. “It just takes a lot out of me when this Weech is possessed.”

“Why did he pick you?” asked Zeen.

“She’s the least gifted of us three in Divination, so she’s the easiest one for the spirits to possess,” explained Luna. “If we’d brought Thonlan, he would have been used because he’s a muggle and has been dead in the past. But he doesn’t like the experience.”

“So it seems clear that Marović was killed and eaten by predators, probably hyenas, since wolves usually kill their prey before they eat it,” observed Ayla.

“Yes. This Weech will have to send Đučaviča a letter explaining what happened to him,” agreed Luna.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ena had the only new baby that winter, a ½ Clan daughter that on its’ naming day would be named: Broona. She had Clan-brown hair and eyes, like her mother.

Zeen approached Luna at the same as Ayla. He waited for the Medicine woman to finish announcing the birth of Ena’s daughter before informing his mother:

“Wintersleeper has died, giving birth to her new cub! This Weez-Ur has persuaded Honey-lover to adopt the cub.”

Luna had to wipe the tears from her eyes before replying.

“What does the mog-ur recommend we do with her?” asked Luna. “Can she be buried in the burial chamber, alongside the members of the Clan who have passed before her?

“She could be, yes,” replied Zeen. “But it would honor Urus more if we had a Cave Bear feast in her honor, followed by Men’s, Women’s and mog-ur’s ceremonies.”

And so, every part of Wintersleeper was haversted by Luna, Ayla and Iga. Nothing was allowed to go to waste. The pelt would be made into a mog-ur’s cloak, enchanted like they had the previous one. Zeen planned to keep it for himself and give, the other one, (that had been made out of the Cave Bear that attacked Creb, as a boy) back to Goov.

A feast was held in Wintersleeper’s honor and she, herself, was the main course. After the feast, Ayla purified and painted herself for the mog-ur’s ceremony. She prepared the special tea and traded it to Zeen for a bowl of datura. Another two bowls of datura were exchanged by Zar and Iga. (who had slipped some special mushrooms into each bowl to help make up for the lack of Zeen’s presence at the Men’s Ceremony. The men retreated to their chamber for their ceremony, while Zeen went even deeper into the cave to the burial chamber to have the mog-ur’s ceremony alone. In the women’s ceremony, the women danced with even more frenzy than usual, releasing the tensions of their grief. Ayla had immediately recognized the odd taste of the tea, given by the Mushrooms Iga had slipped into it. But it’s effects were different than the mushroom used for the Mother Festival. This one seemed to magnify the effects of the datura in helping them relieve tension.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

A few day after this, Luna received word from Đučaviča that Širnščić had also disappear. Luna’s Divinatory investigation turned up the same results as for Marović, so Luna warned the Đumbleđore Član that they had a man-eating predator in the area and they need to send a group of hunters after it, come the spring. But when Rađna turned up missing, Luna began to get suspicious. Then the letters stopped . . . It had been two weeks and Ansalong had failed to return with a letter from Đučaviča!

Even though it was still early Spring and too early for the Summer Gathering, Luna decided to take Ayla with her to investigate. Luna used side-along apparition to get them to the Đumbleđore Član’s cave.

POP!

The two Weeches appeared in the midst of a pitched battle!

THUNK!

The butt of a spear hit Luna in the temple and she collapsed, limply to the ground, her wand rolling away from where her head impacted the ground!

Ayla had just enough time to take in the sights around them. The Đumbleđore Član were fighting a group of women dressed in wolf pelts worn as Clan-style wraps around their waists and a wolf-pelt collar on the upper parts of their chests. Many of them also wore jewelry made from wolf teeth and bones. Ayla saw Luna go down in her peripheral vision as she drew her wand from behind her ear, when:

TWAP!

Something hit Ayla in the head, hard! Ayla fell to her hands and knees as she struggled to remain conscious! She felt someone grabbing at her, and then heard a:

“HOOT!”

Glancing up, she saw Ansalong attacking the wolf woman who was standing over her. The wolf woman batted the owl away from her eyes then stuck her spear through the bird!

“Oh my Goddess! They killed Luna!”

“You Bitches!”

Ayla was faintly aware of the roar of outrage from the Đumbleđore Član and how the wolf women were retreating. Her head cleared just as the last of the wolf women were disappearing into the woods.

“Impedimenta! Stupify! Petrificus Totalis!” yelled Ayla as she used her wand to stop two of the retreating wolf women and missed a third one. Ayla walked over to the two disabled women and cast: “Incarcerous! Incarerous!” causing ropes to spring from her wand and tie up the two prisoners.

“Wingrdium Leviosa!” Ayla levitated one of the prisoners back towards the cave, until she spotted Luna’s wand laying on the ground.

“Where’s Luna” demanded Ayla.

“They took her body with them when they left,” replied Krstulović.

THUMP!

Ayla was so startled; she dropped the woman she’d been levitating!
Sign up to rate and review this story